Tuesday, December 6, 2022

Review: "Making it Country" by Alexandra Hale

Making it Country

Making it Country by Alexandra Hale
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

I loved Alexandra Hale's debut novel when I read it earlier this year, so to say I was looking forward to reading "Making it Country" might be something of an understatement. It definitely did not disappoint! This book was even better than the first one of the series, and I highly recommend it for all contemporary/small town romance fans.

A decade ago, mechanic Hank Thayer went to prison for a crime he didn't commit. No matter how hard he tried, he couldn't seem to escape his past, though the reasons for that were not at all what I expected. Hank was a good guy caught in a tough situation, and he didn't deserve any of what happened to him. I loved seeing him slowly open up to the possibility of a future with the wonderful Isla. She and Hank may have been complete opposites, but they complemented each other in all the ways that mattered. I was rooting for them from the moment they met.

As in the previous book of the series, the secondary characters added a tremendous amount of depth and humor to the story. I particularly enjoyed the dynamic between Hank and his brothers, whose love for each other was clear even when they were bickering or teasing. I also loved Hank's relationship with his sister-in-law Marlee; I laughed so hard when she started throwing the eggs at him!

Overall, I really can't say enough good things about this book. I can't wait to get my hands on the next book in the series!

*Review copy provided by the author. All opinions expressed are my own.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments make my day! While I do not expect everyone to agree with my point of view, please note that I reserve the right to delete any nasty or uncharitable messages, as well as spam. Open discussion is welcome and appreciated, but personal attacks are not. Thanks for understanding and have a nice day. :-)