Monday, March 21, 2022

Review: "Assist" by Claire Hastings

Assist

Assist by Claire Hastings
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

After breaking up with a guy whose attentions had started to seem more like stalking, Delaney Stewart was in desperate need of an escape from her life in Chicago. Unfortunately, her accounting firm would only approve a transfer for a major life event, so Delaney lies and says that she's engaged to Chance Walker, her best friend of twenty years, and needs to move to Atlanta to be with him. Professional soccer player Chance has secretly been in love with Delaney for years, so when she shows up on his doorstep and asks him to go along with the fake engagement, he seizes the opportunity to show her how good they are together. Will Delaney give into her feelings for Chance or let her fear of ruining their friendship get in the way?

Chance and Delaney were super cute together. I loved their chemistry as well as the way they prioritized each other's happiness. For example, Chance watched Delaney's favorite chick flicks with her when she had a bad day, and even though she wasn't into sports, she made an effort to learn the rules of soccer because the game was so important to him. They really were perfect for each other and I loved cheering them on to their HEA.

Overall, I very much enjoyed this quick, sweet, and steamy read. I recommend "Assist" for all fans of contemporary/sports romance and can't wait for the next book in the series.

*Review copy provided by the author. All opinions expressed are my own.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments make my day! While I do not expect everyone to agree with my point of view, please note that I reserve the right to delete any nasty or uncharitable messages, as well as spam. Open discussion is welcome and appreciated, but personal attacks are not. Thanks for understanding and have a nice day. :-)