Sunday, March 20, 2022

Review: "My Favorite Night" by Claudia Burgoa

My Favorite Night

My Favorite Night by Claudia Y. Burgoa
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

"My Favorite Night" by Claudia Burgoa is a short, free prequel to her upcoming series, the Paradise Bay Billionaire Brothers. It's a spinoff of the earlier Spearman Family series, but you don't need to read that series to understand this one.

Professional hockey player Caspian Spearman is one of eight kids whose family owns a winery in Paradise Bay, California. He's helping out there in the off-season while waiting to find out both his and the team's fate. His team, the Vancouver Orcas, was recently purchased by a new owner, Mills Aldridge, and Caspian is waiting to find out if the team will be moved or he will be traded.

Caspian is in the tasting room one day when he meets veterinarian Rys, who is celebrating the end of her internship and new job with Leyla Aldridge in Baker's Creek with a girls' weekend in wine country. Caspian is immediately drawn to Rys and hatches a scheme so that they can spend some time alone together.

This story doesn't end in an HEA (or even an HFN, really), but it's not a cliffhanger, either. It was a short but intriguing introduction to the series and some of its characters with a nice amount of steam. I look forward to learning more about this branch of the Spearman family, and hopefully, given their mutual connection to the Aldridge family, this isn't the last Caspian and Rys will see of each other.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments make my day! While I do not expect everyone to agree with my point of view, please note that I reserve the right to delete any nasty or uncharitable messages, as well as spam. Open discussion is welcome and appreciated, but personal attacks are not. Thanks for understanding and have a nice day. :-)