Tuesday, March 1, 2022

Review: "That's What She Shed" by Melonie Johnson (A Season for Love anthology)

A Season for Love A Season for Love by Stephanie Morris, et al.
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Review for "That's What She Shed" by Melonie Johnson:

Determined to reclaim her ex-husband's former man cave, recently divorced French teacher Tasha is attempting to pick a paint color at a big box home improvement store when she meets silver fox contractor Nate. At first, she thinks he's flirting with her and awkwardly attempts to flirt back, but when he offers his business card and mentions that he does free estimates, she's immediately embarrassed and convinced that she misunderstood his intentions. However, when Tasha's friends goad her into calling Nate and asking for his help a few weeks later, she may just find that her first impression was the right one.

Nate and Tasha were a ton of fun together, and I enjoyed their story tremendously. Tasha was endearingly awkward at times and managed to embarrass herself more than once, but I found her to be incredibly relatable. I appreciated how sweet and patient Nate was with her as she tried to figure out dating again after being married for so long. I also enjoyed Tasha's group of friends, who will hopefully return in future stories (along with updates on Tasha and Nate, of course).

I highly recommend "That's What She Shed" for all fans of contemporary romance and romantic comedy. I look forward to whatever Melonie Johnson writes next!

*Review copy provided by the author. All opinions expressed are my own.

View all my reviews

2 comments:

  1. I'm so glad you enjoyed Nate and Tasha! And yes, I has so much fun writing this that it's becoming a series and will feature Tasha's awesome friend group - watch for more about MILFS JUST WANNA HAVE FUN! (thanks for this lovely review!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay, I'm looking forward to more stories!

      Delete

Comments make my day! While I do not expect everyone to agree with my point of view, please note that I reserve the right to delete any nasty or uncharitable messages, as well as spam. Open discussion is welcome and appreciated, but personal attacks are not. Thanks for understanding and have a nice day. :-)