Thursday, March 31, 2022

Review: "Sleepover" by Serena Bell

Sleepover Sleepover by Serena Bell
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Sawyer Paulson's parents have been helping him care for his 8-year-old son, Jonah, since his wife, Lucy, passed away two years ago. Now that they've decided to move to Florida, Sawyer decides that he and Jonah should move closer to his in-laws so that he'll still have help with child care when he needs it. He finds a fixer upper where the landlord is offering reduced rent in exchange for help with renovations, which happens to be next door to the home of single mom Elle Dunning and her son, Madden. Jonah and Madden are the same age and quickly become friends, so Elle decides to be neighborly and introduce herself to Jonah's dad with a plate of cookies. When he opens the door, she's shocked to recognize Sawyer as the man with whom she had a one-night stand a few months earlier. Their relationship is awkward at first, but they're forced to spend time together because of their sons, and they soon realize that the attraction between them is as strong as the night they met. However, Sawyer is still grieving the loss of his wife, and Elle must come to terms with the circumstances of her recent divorce. Can they work through their respective baggage and find a way to create a future together?

Like the first book of the series, I found this story to be surprisingly emotional. Elle and Sawyer were super cute together and I loved their flirty banter and texting, but they also had some real challenges to overcome in order to make their relationship work. Their connection was obvious from the beginning, however, and it was easy for me to cheer them on to their HEA. The book's secondary characters were also a lot of fun, especially Sawyer's brother Brooks and Elle's friend Hattie. I'd love for them to get stories of their own in the future. (Sidenote: Hooray for the tie-in to the Wilder series in the epilogue!)

Overall, I adored "Sleepover" and highly recommend it for all fans of contemporary romance and romantic comedy. I look forward to whatever Serena Bell writes next.

*Review copy provided by the author. All opinions expressed are my own.

View all my reviews
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments make my day! While I do not expect everyone to agree with my point of view, please note that I reserve the right to delete any nasty or uncharitable messages, as well as spam. Open discussion is welcome and appreciated, but personal attacks are not. Thanks for understanding and have a nice day. :-)