Tuesday, March 29, 2022

Review: "FUBAR" by Elise Faber

FUBAR FUBAR by Elise Faber
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Carter Jackson has been drawn to Maggie Augustin since the day they met, but he was in a relationship with another woman at the time. Now that he and Maggie are both single, he's anxious to tell her how he feels about her. Unfortunately, the timing still isn't quite right for them; Maggie is pregnant with another man's baby after a one-night stand, and she can't quite believe Carter wants anything to do with her messy life. Despite her protests, he'll do whatever it takes to convince her to give him a chance.

I really enjoyed this fast-paced, funny, sweet, and heartwarming story of two people who were absolutely perfect for each other making it work under less than ideal circumstances. Former Marine turned private investigator Carter was an alpha in a lot of ways, but I loved how sweet and caring he was with Maggie. When she was suffering from severe morning sickness, he did extensive research to try and find ways to help her, and made sure to always have extra toothbrushes and ginger candies available for her. It wasn't easy for him to accept caring in return, but Maggie did her best to look out for him after he was injured on the job and at other times. I also loved how well Carter and Maggie communicated and worked together to overcome the challenges they faced from Maggie's past. Finally, the "found family" aspect of this story was lovely. Maggie's birth family may not always have been there for her, but she knew she could rely on Carter, her friends, and Carter's family to be there for her.

I recommend "FUBAR" for all fans of contemporary romance and romantic comedy and look forward to the next book in the series.

*Review copy provided by the author. All opinions expressed are my own.


View all my reviews
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments make my day! While I do not expect everyone to agree with my point of view, please note that I reserve the right to delete any nasty or uncharitable messages, as well as spam. Open discussion is welcome and appreciated, but personal attacks are not. Thanks for understanding and have a nice day. :-)