Tuesday, March 29, 2022

Review: "Lifting Off" by Mindy McKinley

Lifting Off Lifting Off by Mindy McKinley
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Nine years ago, Clara Chase shared a kiss with her brother Cam's best friend, James Lagos, but he ghosted her the following week when he moved to Dallas to start a new job. Even though she moved on with her life, graduating from college and becoming a successful model and influencer, Clara has not forgiven or forgotten James's behavior, so she's not exactly pleased to welcome him back to Chicago when Cam hires him to help launch their family company's new helicopter division. Even worse, Clara is also starting a new job with SkyChase as director of the company's charitable foundation, and a shortage of office space means that she and James are forced to share. With the two of them in such close proximity, can Clara keep from falling for James all over again?

I've been looking forward to James and Clara's story ever since we met them in the first book of the series, and it did not disappoint. They had fantastic chemistry from the start and it only got better as they got to know each other again. In addition, I liked seeing Clara find her place at SkyChase as she built the foundation from the ground up. She seemed so much happier and more confident by the end of the story, and while some of that was due to her relationship with James, it was also because she found fulfillment in her work.

I enjoyed the first book of this series, but I think this was one even better! I highly recommend "Lifting Off" for all contemporary romance fans and look forward to Clara's brother Carter's story next.

*Review copy provided by the author. All opinions expressed are my own.

View all my reviews
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments make my day! While I do not expect everyone to agree with my point of view, please note that I reserve the right to delete any nasty or uncharitable messages, as well as spam. Open discussion is welcome and appreciated, but personal attacks are not. Thanks for understanding and have a nice day. :-)