Tuesday, March 1, 2022

Review: "Bad Best Friend" by Elise Faber

Bad Best Friend

Bad Best Friend by Elise Faber
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

"Bad Best Friend" by Elise Faber is book #14 of the Billionaire's Club series but works well as a standalone. I was able to jump in here without feeling lost at all even though I've only read one or two of the earlier books in the series (so far).

When their father died, the six Hutchins brothers promised to protect their baby sister Cora, who was only five years old at the time. Cora's an adult now, but her brothers don't seem to have gotten the message. They continue to interfere in her personal life and have chased off every guy she's ever been interested in, up to and including her most recent ex-boyfriend. Her oldest brother's best friend Rafe, who's been an honorary member of the Hutchins clan since he was in elementary school, is just as overprotective as the rest of them, so when he shows up on Cora's doorstep one night and announces that he's moving in with her, she's not happy. Rafe's in town for work and her brothers think he should stay with Cora in case she needs "help" after the breakup. Cora begrudgingly allows Rafe to take up residence in her guest room, but surprisingly, things begin to change once they're living under the same roof. Rafe can't help but see Cora as a grown woman instead of the little sister he's always tried to pretend she was. Maybe that crush Cora's been hiding since she was a teenager isn't so one-sided after all...

I really liked Cora and Rafe together. Their banter was amusing, the push-pull between them was well done, and they had plenty of chemistry - so much, in fact, that I don't know how her brothers didn't figure out what was going on between them sooner. I really empathized with Rafe's fears about getting involved with Cora and losing his place as an honorary Hutchins since they were more of a family to him than his own father ever was. It took a lot (honestly, a bit longer than I would have liked) for him to finally realize that it was worth the risk to fight for Cora, but his groveling more than made up for it in the end.

Overall, I very much enjoyed "Bad Best Friend" and would recommend it for all contemporary romance and romantic comedy fans. I look forward to learning more about the Hutchins brothers in future books!

*Review copy provided by the author. All opinions expressed are my own.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments make my day! While I do not expect everyone to agree with my point of view, please note that I reserve the right to delete any nasty or uncharitable messages, as well as spam. Open discussion is welcome and appreciated, but personal attacks are not. Thanks for understanding and have a nice day. :-)