Saturday, March 19, 2022

Review: "Do Over" by Serena Bell

Do Over

Do Over by Serena Bell
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Single dad Jack Parker is spending the evening at home with his 4-year-old son, Gabe, when Gabe's mother, Maddie Adams, suddenly shows up on his doorstep in tears. After attending a work function, she returned home to the apartment she shared with her boyfriend to find him cheating on her with her best friend. As Jack is comforting Maddie, one thing nearly leads to another, but they're interrupted by their son. Afterwards, Maddie realizes that she has nowhere to go unless she uproots Gabe from their home in Seattle to move in with her parents in California. Jack convinces her to stay with him instead until she can find a place of her own. They both know it's a bad idea, but Maddie decides that it's worth the risk to minimize the changes for Gabe. As for Jack, he never really got over Maddie and can't help liking the idea of having her so close to him. Could this be his chance to prove that they're meant to be together?

This book turned out to be even better than I was expecting! Maddie and Jack were both such endearing, relatable characters and I found it very easy to root for them both individually and as a couple. Jack was dealing with a ton of baggage because of the way his father treated him when he was growing up, but I loved the way he fought to overcome it and be a better man and father to his son. I also loved the way Jack and Maddie's story was told through flashbacks. It was easy to see how much they loved each other and that they belonged together, but at the same time it broke my heart because they couldn't quite seem to make their relationship work. I actually teared up when they finally reconciled because it felt like they'd fought so hard for it.

Overall, "Do Over" gave me all the feels and I loved it. I highly recommend this book for all contemporary romance fans and look forward to the next book in the series.

*Review copy provided by the author. All opinions expressed are my own.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments make my day! While I do not expect everyone to agree with my point of view, please note that I reserve the right to delete any nasty or uncharitable messages, as well as spam. Open discussion is welcome and appreciated, but personal attacks are not. Thanks for understanding and have a nice day. :-)